BYOC - Bring your own container
Te Awa Kairangi ki Tai / Lower Hutt has heaps of takeaways boasting delicious dishes from all over the world, and will usually package your kai in plastic containers to take home.
All this great food means lots of plastic containers, so next time you head out for a takeaway, be sure to take your own containers which you can use again and again. Reusing beats recycling every time.
As for shops, you can take your own containers to:
- 211 Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012
- 185a Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012
- 15 Hardy Street, Waterloo, Lower Hutt 5011
- Bloomfield Terrace, Hutt Central, Lower Hutt 5010
- Oates / Evans Street, Stokes Valley, Lower Hutt 5019
Pak N Save
- 20 Brunswick Street, Hutt Central, Lower Hutt 5010
- 114/124 Jackson Street, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012
- 310 Waiwhetu Road, Fairfield, Lower Hutt 5011
- 56 Hutt Road, Petone, Lower Hutt 5012
Be sure to check out this list of BYOC-friendly Hutt Valley stores from amazing zero-waste champions The Rubbish Trip.
Let’s cut down on the amount of containers and bags that we use a few times and then pass on for recycling!
Know about a store that should be on this list? Let us know by emailing email@example.com
And when you're the one packaging food...
Eco-friendly food packaging
We're proud to have so many eco-friendly food packaging options from local suppliers to match the delicious takeaway and delivery options around us.
Check these out: